Join Our Community Campaign
On January 20, 2017 the DC landscape changed, shifting neighborhood demographics. Show your support for creating an inclusive community in which All Migrants are Welcome by downloading our Sanctuary Logo, and placing it on the door or window of your home, business, or house of worship.
Call Mayor Bowser or your Council Member
- Mayor Bowser: (202) 724-8052
- Ward 1: Council member Brianne Nadeau: (202) 724-8181
- Ward 2: Council member Jack Evans: (202) 724-8058
- Ward 3: Council member Mary M. Cheh: (202) 724-8062
- Ward 4: Council member Brandon T. Todd: (202) 724-8052
- Ward 5: Council member Kenyan McDuffie: (202) 724-8028
- Ward 6: Council member Charles Allen: (202) 724-8072
- Ward 7: Council member Yvette Alexander: (202) 724-8068
- Ward 8: Council member LaRuby May: (202) 724-8045
In your call to Mayor Bowser or your council member, demand that they DO NOT COMPLY with policies that:
- Tear families apart
- Hold undocumented inmates in jail at the request of the U.S. immigration agencies
- Collect information of country of birth or status information AND ensure that DC’s permanent Chief of Police will not cooperate with federal Immigration authorities
- Establish Muslim registration centers in the district
- Allow for unchecked police violence committed by the Metropolitan Police Department and the Metro Transit Police Department against Black and Brown D.C. residents
- Normalize or tolerate racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, anti-immigrant behavior
- Do anything that compromises the safety and well being of all our immigrant communities.
Volunteer with Sanctuary DMV
If you would like to support Sanctuary DMV by volunteering, please fill out our contact form here.
Several times a year, we also hold General Assemblies — these are a great way to get more in-depth information about our work and learn about volunteer opportunities. Follow us on social media to find out when & where we’re holding our next General Assembly!