DMV Sanctuary Congregation Network
We are a network of congregations in the DC/MD/VA region providing support and solidarity to neighbors, friends, and family who fear being detained, deported or profiled. Our faith will not allow us to permit the criminalization and scapegoating of immigrants and people of color. In the face of hate and discrimination, we are committed to showing love, compassion and hospitality.
Ways Congregations can Stand with Those Targeted:
- Accompanying people to ICE check-ins and legal hearings
- Holding Know Your Rights and/or Defend Your Rights trainings
- Setting up Rapid Response networks to show up during ICE raids
- Hosting families at-risk of deportation and/or supporting those doing so
- Advocating for your local, city, and state government officials to get ICE out of schools, jails and courts, and end all policies that racially-profile and over-incarcerate people of color.
If you are a congregation interested in joining the network, please sign up and and indicate how your congregation can participate at this link.
If you would like more information, or have questions about the DMV Sanctuary Congregation Network, please contact us!